Review: Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi

. . 4 comments:
Title: Destroy Me 
Author: Tahereh Mafi 
Series: Shatter Me #1.5
Format: Ebook
Pages: 103 pages

Publisher: Harper
Genre: Young Adult
Release:  October 2nd 2012

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.
Well hell, from Warner's point of you... the villain!!!
BEFORE READING:

I wasn't very keen on reading Destroy me, though Tehereh Mafi did claim that this book will change readers perspective towards Warner and but the Cover doesn't go with Warner's personality. The protagonist isn't capable of shedding a tear. With all the Fuzz with TEAM WARNER, I was a bit annoyed as well, I was more inclined towards Adam, and decided to go for TEAM ADAM but now that I am going to read UNRAVEL ME next, I finally decided to read Destroy me.
But I was pretty sure that I won't like him. He killed his solider cold blooded and he was a jerk to Juliette.
I AM TEAM ADAM


While reading:


After reading few pages I started contemplating Adam, If I liked him just because I was made to do so, because he was introduced that way in Shatter me and yeah I also started recollecting his qualities and comparing him to Warner, but as Warner got his hands on Juilette's Notebook, I forgot everything, Everything faded in comparison to those words And every page surprised me, every line was moving not only his but Juliette's as well. Warner is so much more. This book is a glimpse into Warner's core, his soul, he had built so many walls to protect himself, pretended he is confided alone in those walls but they shatters by those piercing words of Juilettes. And then by Warners every though made me fall for him more and more. This one has to be one of the best in-between books, the best one. So significant. One cannot skip it and read Unravel me.
Juliette got some serious decisions to make. She has to give him a chance, I really doubt that Juliette can understand him that well unless she reads DESTROY ME. Tehera Mafi, please gift this book to her before she decides with either of them.
And the cover is apt.


TEAM WARNER
And the last line was... there aren't enough words to describe it. I am all like...
description

It was that good. Now I get what all fuss is about and I am in the same league. 



4 comments:

  1. Old follower via GFC. New follower via Facebook. Great review! I've never liked Warner, but I've heard that people who read this novella in his POV, change their minds about him. And since your now saying the same thing, I might have to give it a try. :P

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn
    Facebook Link: Here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is discovery for me. I really like the way of writing. My sister loves novels- I think it could great present for her!

    Your new follower> http://www.playthework.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ankita, if you are leaving the decision of deciding your Team with Unravel Me, let me spoil you a little and tell you that you'll be Team Warner! It is SO hard to be Team Adam now, right? I was on his Team in Shatter Me as well, but trust me, Destroy Me AND Unravel Me change everything! Oh, and you have changed your league already! Awesome, welcome to Team Warner. NOW READ UNRAVEL ME SOON! :D

    Lovely review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up, its good paragraph concerning media print, we all be familiar with media is a wonderful source of information.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site :: Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

    ReplyDelete

~ COFFEE @ BOOK WORLD~

Your Travel Guide

I also scribble on:

Make a change
My other blog where I pen down short stories, Poems, articles and Random stuff...

Total Pageviews

Rating System◕‿◕

5 coffee cups- Loved it absolutely.
4 coffee cups- Liked it a lot.
3 coffee cups- Liked it.
2 coffee cups- Okay
(plus, minus).5- You are smart enough to deduce yourself :).
* STARBUCKS coffee cup- In love with it. Abso-freaking-lutely.
DISCLAIMER- If you don't like coffee, change it with your fav. drink.

Blog Archive

Wonderful Followers

Linky Friends

Your precious words

❤ ☞

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Ankita has read 7 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Ankita has completed her goal of reading 150 books in 2012!
hide

Memberships

Twitter

Registered at ©

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Protection Tool

Popular Posts

About us

Popular Posts